Managing your finances across international boundaries can be enormously complex. As well as the usual challenges of creating wealth in an uncertain international environment, you need to deal with the complexities of different national regulatory and tax regimes. Without careful management, foreign currency fluctuations have the potential to significantly impact your wealth.
At Prairie Heritage Wealth Management, we specialise in helping Canadian and Australian international expatriates manage their investments at home and abroad. Our clients include executives and business owners with extensive holdings in multiple jurisdictions. Drawing on the market insights and research capabilities of one of Australia’s most trusted adviser networks, as well as the wider MLC group, we provide support with wealth management, tax planning and portfolio administration services, both in Australia and overseas.
If you are a Canadian expatriate living in Australia, or an Australian moving to Canada, then look no further: You have found the help you will need. Craig Lasby, principal of Prairie Heritage Wealth Management Pty Ltd, has worked with Canadian expats since 1993, helping them solve their international financial planning needs, especially as it relates to matters of residency, investment, risk management, pension maximisation and navigating issues in relation to the Canada/Australia tax treaty.
We can help you with a diverse range of cross-border investment opportunities and strategies, including:
- International investments. Direct equity and managed investments in leading investment markets around the world, including both established blue-chips and new opportunities in emerging economies.
- Australian and foreign tax planning. In collaboration with our local and international partners, we help you manage the complexities of Australian and overseas tax laws to achieve a superior after-tax outcome.
- Investment structures. Complex advice spanning a variety of structures, including companies, partnerships, self-managed super funds (SMSFs) and family trusts, including holding companies and unit trusts:
- Wraps and portfolio administration services. Consolidated investment management and reporting for your Australian assets.
- Pension transfer services. Advice and support should you wish to explore migrating the assets in your registered pension or registered savings plan from Canada. We do assist other expats from the UK, USA, Europe and other jurisdictions, as they face many of the same challenges. However, we know the Canadian registered plan regime like the back of our hand. Most importantly, we know whether or not such a transfer is even feasible and if required, have strategies that will effect a better outcome.
NB: Where necessary, we will refer you to our associated Canadian advice practice and the appropriate Canadian tax specialists.