As your wealth grows, it becomes increasingly important to protect the income and assets that underpin your family’s lifestyle. Unfortunately, even affluent Australians often neglect to protect themselves and their families against the potentially devastating effects of an unexpected death or disability.
Research from the National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling found that 96% of Australian families with dependent children had inadequate insurance for their current financial needs.*
Without your income, your family could struggle to cover debts and meet everyday expenses. As a result, they could be forced to dispose of assets in an unfavourable market, severely impacting their lifestyle over the long term.
We can help you manage risk and safeguard the financial security you’ve worked so hard to build, with strategies to protect your assets and your family’s financial security.
Wealth protection strategies
We can help you explore a range of risk management and wealth protection strategies, including:
- Life, Total and Permanent Disability, and Trauma cover: essential protection for your family, providing a valuable payout if you die, become disabled or suffer one of a range of life-threatening illnesses.
- Income protection: protection for your most valuable asset, ensuring you can continue to support your family’s lifestyle, even if you are temporarily unable to earn an income.
- Cash investments: secure, high-performance options for the cash component of your portfolio.
- Liquidity strategies: investment solutions to generate a reliable cash flow, enabling you to pay down debt, meet everyday expenses or enjoy a stable income in retirement.
- Hedging solutions: strategies to reduce specific risk exposures, including concentrated holdings of company shares or options.
- Capital protected investments: investment strategies with built-in protection, including capital protected loans that enable you to take advantage of the power of gearing while minimising risk.
- Key person insurance, business asset protection, revenue protection and ownership: protection for the key people and assets that underpin your business’ profitability.
* Understanding the social and economic cost of underinsurance, National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling, 2010